- New Reader
- Oral Language (Farm Animals)
(The focus of this is that your child is speaking as much as possible. Encourage the use of full sentences when answering questions.)
- Name all of the animals below. (full sentence: This is a cow.)
- Describe each animal in as much detail as possible. What makes it different to other animals?
- What does the animal look like?
- Where does the animal sleep/live?
- What does the animal eat?
- Does this animal provide us with anything? (milk, eggs, wool, meat, transport)
- What is the baby animal called? (calf, kitten, chick, piglet, lamb, puppy, foal, foal, duckling)
- Can you think of any other animals that might live on a farm?
- Who else lives in the farm? (farmer)
- What does the farmer do?