- Pick a new reader on www.connect.collins.co.uk. If you haven't been on here yet then go back to my blog post from Monday 20th April to get login details. Practice word lists, sounds, tricky words etc.
- My News - I know we weren't able to go far at the weekend boys and girls but you can still recall whatever you go up to, or maybe you have some good news to share. Draw your picture and give a go at labeling it!
- Dictation 1-8 - see audio below. Answers are there for clarification afterwards.
- Handwriting - My Name. Finally we are finished learning how to write all of our letters so now it's time we learn how to write our names in cursive - how exciting! It's a long time to have to wait to write your name, but as we said at the beginning of the year, if you wait, it will be much easier to pick this up now, rather than knocking the habit of writing your name in capitals.
I have also written everyone's name in cursive to remind you of what the letters look like! (Please click into the pictures to see in full). We only do lower case letters in Junior Infants, so as well as this, I have made a video below showing you how to form the capitals for the beginning of the names.
I'm doing all of this because it is so important that the children learn the write their names the correct way. It is the word they like to write most, they will write it over and over and everywhere! So any habits picked up will be repeated over and difficult to tackle when we get back to school!
- Stomp like a giant forwards counting 1-10, 1-20 if you wish! Snap backwards 10-1.
- Game - Ms. Brooks is back with a game you can easily take part in at home if you wish! You may recognise this one from our Ready Set Go Maths sessions. She will show you how to make your own version. I love making my own games I think it's so much more fun!
Éadaí: Ceacht 9
Cé leis an ______? (Who's owns the _______?)
Is liomsa é. (It's mine).
- Cómhrá 9.1
- Tasc Éisteachta 9.1