Each school needs to have policies and procedures to help them guide the actions of all individuals involved in the school community. They ensure and endorse the well-being of all families, children, staff, volunteers and everyone who is connected to the school. When policies and procedures are well thought out and, most importantly, implemented they provide common understanding and agreement on how things should be done at school. Procedures provide clear instructions and guidelines on what should/must be done in a particular set of circumstances or with regard to a particular issue.
Policies and procedures help new staff and families to familiarise themselves with the school’s practices and gives them information about what to expect from the school. Policies should be ‘living’ documents that must be regularly reviewed to ensure that they meet all the needs of those working in the school, and take into account the possible changes that have happened in the school and within the wider community.
To summaries good, well thought out and implemented policies and procedures ensure:
- Good practice
- Helps to establish a professional and effective organisation
- They provide consistency amongst staff, parents and children
- They can prevent any ambiguity about how particular situations/issues should be handled in the school
- They promote harmony among staff
- More efficient and effective delivery of service
Please click here to view our school policies.