(by Benji Davies)
Hope you had a chance to enjoy the nice weather yesterday. It's looking good today too 🌞
Please email me WOW attachments by Thursday, if you would like them to be included in Friday's blog (email@example.com).
Today's story depicts the imagination of a child through an adventure with his grandad.
It can be interpreted in different ways, for example the special bond between grandparent and grandchild, and/or coping with short-term or long-term loss. I discussed it within the context of children missing certain family members and friends in recent months. The book suggests that there are other ways to keep in contact, even if we cannot meet someone. After listening to the story, draw your own island scene.
2. Use attached yellow picture or printable version to help you fill in the 100 square. Or you can try filling it in without the full 100 square.
First, write all the numbers in pencil. Then write over the pencil in dark coloured pen.
3. Count by twos to 20 and underline/circle with pencil as you go. Continue on for as far as you are able to.
4. Rub out the previous pencil markings. Count by tens to 100 and underline/circle with pencil again.
5. Rub out the previous pencil markings. Say and circle the following numbers:
3, 7, 10, 12, 15, 19, 20, 24, 25, 28, 30, 31, 33, 36, 40, 42, 44, 47, 50, 53, 55, 58, 60, 61, 64, 66, 70, 74, 75, 79, 80, 85, 89, 90, 93, 96, 97, 99, 100
6. Complete the other attached activities (missing numbers and jigsaws).
Tricky Word Dictation-Week 5 🙂
| || |
Taken from 'Handy Tricky Word List' Blue Level (any-put). As mentioned in March 26th post, please focus on red and yellow levels only, if green and blue levels are too difficult. One of the dictation videos could be replayed for a red or yellow level group instead.
🙌 Movement Break 🙌
| || |