Oral Language Challenge
If you didn't see this yesterday, record your child telling me a few facts about their favourite wild animal. It can be one we have covered or something different.
send to firstname.lastname@example.org
*It doesn't need to be learned by heart you can ask them questions and prompt them in the videos, I know some people can get shy in front of the camera. If they really don't want to don't worry. It doesn't have to be done, just for fun!
- Tricky word - was
| || |
- Clap and snap
You will need:
- pencil/ whiteboard marker
- 4 counters (small items: cubes, blocks etc.)
- Following sheets (or whiteboard)
Gaeilge - Sa Bhaile
Tá Cinnín Oir sa _____.
- seomra suí
- seomra folctha
- seomra leapa
- Ostriches live in Africa.
- They are omnivores: that means they eat plants and meat.
- They prefer roots, leaves, and seeds, but also eat locusts, lizards, snakes and rodents.
- They eat sand and pebbles to help grind up the food in their gizzard.
- The ostrich has long skinny legs, a big body, wings, a long neck with a small head, a long beak and long eyelashes.
- Males are black and white and females are brown.
2. The ostrich cannot fly because it is too heavy!
3. An ostrich only has 2 toes on each foot!
4. An ostrich has the largest eye of any land mammal.
5. An ostrich has no teeth! It eats sand and pebbles to help grind up the other food.
6. An ostrich can run very fast up to 45mph. It is the fastest land animal on two legs!
Let's Write About the Ostrich
Have a look at one of the animals covered this week and try to write a simple sentence or two. You don't have to draw a picture but if you like drawing please do.
I've made two videos below for examples (you don't have to watch both). You can do something similar or do your own one that's completely different.
*This may be a little tricky for some so give lots of encouragement! Remember we are still only learning and the most important thing is that we try our best.
| || |