| || |
15th - 19th June
- I suggest that you continue to practice your reading on www.connect.collins.co.uk.
- Sounds, tricky words, word lists
- My News - you could do this on any day this week. Maybe you are doing something exciting this week and you'd like to write about it after. Don't forget to add words/sentences to your picture!
- Handwriting (see more below)
- Dictation (see more below)
- Read a story - if you don't have access to books, youtube have lots.
- Play an Oral Language game eg. I spy with my little eye, I went to the supermarket and I bought and apple, banana, carrot etc. (alphabetical order).
| || |
- Revise different ways of making 5 - use what you have at home eg. 3 green lego pieces and 2 red legos pieces is the same a 5.
- Stop and start eg. start counting at 3 and stop at 8, will you remember to stop?
- Sets of 1-10 (see below - Q and As)
- Suggested Busy work - Busy at Maths pages 35 & 39.
- Check out Ms. Brooks' Maths game for this week!
with Ms Keogh
First of all we will be learning a little bit about the orchestra!
The main vocabulary to take from this lesson is orchestra, conductor, musicians, strings, woodwind, percussion and brass!
Now, we will be learning about beat in a song and how our bodies can act as instruments through body percussion! There's lots of standing up and joining in for this one!!
Remember: A beat is a steady sound/pulse in the back of a song (kind of like a heartbeat💗)
I am going to introduce you to Granny Semibreve, Mr Minim, Mr Crochet and Little Miss Quaver! These are different rhythms in music. After watching this video try and clap along with the song from Moana below! 😊
with Ms. Maguire
- Mix the flour and salt together
- Add the wet ingredients (water, oil, lemon juice and food colouring)
- Mix together
- Microwave for 4/5 minutes
- Let it cool
- Lightly flour counter and knead the mixture
Here are a few fun ideas for your new playdough...
with Ms. Brooks
with Ms. O'Shea
You will need:
- Food colouring
- A clear container ie. a glass
- 1 Alka-Seltzer
Don't forget to send on pictures and videos!!! :)
with Ms. McSweeney
Ingredients - Icing