Hello everyone and welcome to a brand new week! If you have already been in touch on the blog welcome back, if you have just joined us, then please leave a comment to let us know you're here! I have PE first on our schedule today because we are used to having that on Monday mornings, but if you wish you can leave it till last it's up to you!
REMINDER: ‘School on TV’ will begin this morning from 11am on RTÉ2 with a catch up episode in the afternoon!
Joe Wicks does this every weekday morning by the way on his youtube channel.
- Oral practice - number before/after, drop and count (see video 1 below)
- Money - Making amounts using 1c coins. Like i said in the video you can draw some piggy banks and label them with an amount like I have!
- Number formation revision 1-3: Practice writing numbers 1-3 in lines like we do on our whiteboards in school, eg. a line of 1s, a line of 2s and a line of 3s.
- Reader, sounds, wordlists.
- My News - You don't have to write a sentence like me, you can just label your picture as best you can. Reminder to parents that words are written phonetically (how they sound) to make it easier for children to blend and write words themselves. Challenge: Try writing 'my news' at the top of your page yourself, we have done most of those letters.
4. Handwriting - r
Bia agus éadaí.