Hi everyone, I hope you all had fun yesterday on your at-home Sports Day. If you missed it, yesterday was meant to be our annual Fun for All Sports Day in OLV Infants so most of the content I posted was fun games/activities. You may wish to get involved at the weekend instead. Now, let's get back to the serious stuff!
Teilifís: Ceacht 5
Tá _______ ar an teilifís. ( A _______ is on the television).
Muc - Pig
Bó - Cow
Caora - Sheep
Banbh - Piglet
Lao - Calf
Uan - Lamb
- Tasc Éisteachta 1
- Practice your sounds, word lists, tricky words, reader online etc.
- Handwriting - see below
- Word - Picture matching. Read each word carefully by blending and match to the correct picture.
- Writing Workshop
- Mini Lesson (see video below)
- Independent Writing - your turn, don't forget to think for a minute before you put your pencil on the paper!
- Shared Session - share your work with someone in your family.
Estimation - introduce the skill of estimating/guessing the length of an object. Make a similar table to mine if you wish to record your guesses and actual measurements. Remember from Tuesday, we use non-standard units to measure, such as lego pieces, crayons like me, pencils, spoons or any set of things you have that are all the same length.
Try also to encourage the children to make accurate guesses eg. Do you think the TV will be longer or shorter than the fireplace? Ok so we know the fireplace was ___________ so is your guess going to be more or less than this? etc.
Explain also that just because your estimate and answer are not the same, it does not mean you were wrong.