I am conscious that parents have paid a lot of money for these books so I do plan on trying to finish them. However, as I have said already to a couple of parents, you don't need to feel under pressure to complete everything either, especially if you are working from home or elsewhere. The books are for you to keep so you might choose to finish some bits you missed in your own time when the summer comes. Also, keep in mind that your children have been learning and working for 7-8 weeks without any books, so an empty page doesn't mean they haven't covered it. We would generally use books as a resource to refer to - they are not the curriculum! :)
This is a new topic so you might bare this in mind while introducing the words to the children. There are four on the junior infant curriculum so I will do one each day for the rest of the week.
- Clap and snap counting practice - clap forwards and snap backwards
- CUBE - see intro video below. Find some cubes in your home and make a list by writing or drawing (or both) of what you find. Emphasise that cubes have square faces. Don't forget to send me your work, I would love to see what you find!
- Busy work - Maths Book pg. 20. Count, colour and write. (Only write the correct number!)
- Practice reader online, word lists (supplementary set posted on yesterday's blog), tricky words, sounds etc.
- Handwriting - pg. 38 & 39 - the letter m. Up, down up around, down up around, and lead on.
Leabhar - lch. 35 (Book - g. 35)
Déan úsáid as teanga! (Use your language!)
- The yellow box at the bottom is the language we have done associated with this page. The lesson was done on the blog post from Thursday 14th May. Again, I am going to catch up on the pages to do with this topic, Teilifís before moving on.