Today we will do mental/oral Maths.
- Clap and snap
- Days of the week and months of the year
- Oral questions: Parents asks and child answers
- What day is it today?
- What day was it yesterday?
- What day will it be tomorrow?
- What two days are at the weekend?
- What is the first day of the week?
- What day comes after Thursday/Monday/Friday?
- What day comes before Sunday/Thursday/Saturday?
- How many days are there in a week? Not sure? Count them with your fingers!
- What month are we in?
- What number comes after 3/6/8?
- What number comes before 4/10/7? (You may wish to do more of these if you feel the need)
Éadaí: Ceacht 9
Cé leis an ________? (Who owns the ________?)
Is le Niamh é. (It belongs to Niamh.)
You could play this with your toys belonging to you and your siblings!
- Cómhrá 9.2
- Tasc Éisteachta 9.2
- Let's sing Old McDonald (see youtube below)
- Handwriting - Practice writing your name in cursive. See yesterdays blog post if you missed it.
- Oral Language - Spot the difference (download below). It is important to note that this is a language activity, so please do not let pointing to the differences suffice! Encourage your child to use sentences.
- 'This is a _________' matching activity. Can you read the short sentences and match them to the pictures with your finger? Reminder that you could make this to practice at home using strips of paper for the sentences and concrete items ie. toys or household items!